The first Windows Phone 7 devices will hit the market soon. Real soon. That much is obvious from the recent wave of leaks concerning new phones that will be running Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system.
Hands-on photos of the device have leaked. Curiously though, the person leaking these photos and the one who actually has been using the handset in question both were lead to believe that this is called the HTC Spark. Even the phone itself thinks so, as seen in the third picture below.
So this may be another case of HTC having too many names and codenames for the exact same hardware (a la the HD3/HD7 perhaps). Because this is clearly one and the same device with the leaked HTC Mondrian.
Since the name HTC Mondrian was already spotted in leaked AT&T ads, it’s safe to say that this will be its name for North America. Therefore, Spark may either be the name under which it will be sold elsewhere, or just a codename that will never be used commercially.
We’ll surely find out all the necessary details in a very short while, when WP7 will be officially launched.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Mondrian render (AT&T-branded) shows up
- HTC Mondrian with Windows Phone 7 shows up in press photos
- HTC Mondrian with Windows Phone 7, 1.3GH Snapdragon processor leaked?
- HTC Mozart (Schubert) with Windows Phone 7 in the wild
- HTC Mondrian and Mozart confirmed to run Windows Phone 7