Coming to replace the Wave S8500, the Wave II looks almost the same, but it’s bigger and has a larger display (3.7 inches, WVGA).
Unlike the first Wave, which has a Super AMOLED screen, the new handset features a Super Clear LCD screen – which can only mean that Samsung does have AMOLED production problems, as rumored last week.
Apart from the bigger and different display, the Wave II S8530 features TouchWiz UI 3.0, HSDPA, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, Bluetooth 3.0, access to Samsung Apps (which currently hosts more than 1000 applications), TV-out, 5MP autofocus camera with flash, HD (720p) video recording, 1GHz processor, and MicroSD card support up to 32GB.
In Germany, the Samsung Wave II S8530 will be available starting November, retailing at €429 ($587). I assume the smartphone will be launched in other European markets at about the same time.
Via Press release (in German)
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bada-based Samsung Wave II S8530 now available in Germany
- Samsung Wave S8500 available in Germany for €429
- LiMo-based Samsung i8330 H2 (for Vodafone) with Super AMOLED touchscreen shows up
- Samsung Wave S8500 specs and photos show up
- Samsung Wave II S8530 launched in India