If Telstra’s commitment to Android wasn’t obvious yet, here’s an official confirmation that the carrier intends to launch its own Android-based tablet as soon as November (to compete with Optus’ Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab).
Called Telstra T-Touch Tab, the device is a mystery for now, although we can see a bit of it over at the Australian carrier’s website.
AusDroid suggests Tesltra’s tablet is a rebranded Huawei SmaKit S7 (pictured below), arguing that Telstra offers quite a few Huawei devices under its own brand. If that’s the case, the T-Touch Tab should feature a 7 inch display with 480 x 800 pixels, and Android 2.1 or higher.
Telstra doesn’t say how much the T-Touch Tab will cost. More on this as we get it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC10: Huawei U8800, U8300, U8100, U8110 and SmaKit S7 are all about Android
- Telstra’s T-Touch Android tablet available starting today?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Motorola Defy+ and LG Optimus Spirit announced by Telstra in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5500) launched in Australia by Telstra (on pre-pay)
- New Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite with Android 4.0 ICS officially unveiled