Finnish website Talous Sanomat has it that Ari Jaaksi confirmed his departure last week, without mentioning why. However, it’s said that this wouldn’t affect the launch of Nokia’s first MeeGo smartphone (the N9), scheduled for later this year.
Engadget reports that Nokia will provide an “update on MeeGo” sometime soon. Hopefully, this update will involve the announcement of the N9.
I’m sure Nokia is currently hard at work tweaking the MeeGo UI, but will it all be ready before the end of 2010? We’ll probably find out soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Palm strikes back at Nokia for stealing its WebOS design VP, hires ex-MeeGo head Ari Jaaksi
- Nokia X7 headed to AT&T (new photos show up)
- Nokia N9 (or rather N8-01) photos leaked – no sign of MeeGo
- 12MP Windows Phone Mango handset from HTC shows up
- Holy crap! Nokia is in talks with Microsoft about Windows Phone devices?!