Palm hasn’t introduced a single new device since April this year, when the company was bought by HP – which now also owns WebOS.
So if you’re wondering when new Palm handsets will be introduced, it looks like the answer is “early next year.”
HP’s Senior Vice President Eric Cador recently said so, unfortunately without providing more details.
Early next year is also when the rumored WebOS-based HP PalmPad should be introduced.
Since Palm was present both at CES 2009 and CES 2010 (for unveiling the Pre and Pixi – and, one year later, their Plus versions), CES 2011 seems to be a good place for the new WebOS devices to be announced. Let’s hope HP and Palm won’t disappoint.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pixi-like Palm WebOS smartphone coming to T-Mobile USA?
- HP PalmPad confirmed, will be out early next year and run WebOS
- Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus headed for Germany via Vodafone and O2
- HP to host a Palm WebOS event on February 9, may launch new smartphones and tablets
- Rumor: Palm Mansion will have 800×480 screen, no physical QWERTY