Virgin Mobile will be the exclusive carrier of the Galaxy 5 in Canada, and the device will be available to buy on November 12th.
Specs of the Galaxy 5 include a 2.8-inch QVGA (240×320) touchscreen, 600 MHz processor, HSPA, WiFi, GPS, 2 megapixel camera, 3.5 mm headset jack, microSD card slot and Samsung’s complimentary TouchWiz 3 UI overlay on top of Android 2.1.
The OS version will apparently be upgradeable to Android 2.2, but when that will happen is unclear.
You will be able to get the Samsung Galaxy 5 from Virgin Mobile for free with a SuperTab contract. Other pricing options haven’t leaked yet, but given the low-end nature of this handset, surely they should be very affordable as well.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 now available in Canada for $499.99
- Samsung Galaxy S II will make it to Canada in late Q2 or early Q3
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy S II 4G now available at Bell and Virgin Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy S III gets priced in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Discover for Net10 and Straight Talk comes without TouchWiz