Rugged, IP-68 rated Sonim XP1300 Core officially announced, costs $399
Remember how we told you that the Sonim XP1300 Core would be announced in early October? Well, the new rugged phone has been officially unveiled yesterday as “the world’s first IP-68 rated GSM handset that’s fully submersible in 2 meters of water.”
The handset comes in a “dual injected shell” that includes hardened rubber and fiberglass, and meets US MIL-810G certification for humidity, fog, salt, thermal shock and transport shock.
- 2 inch scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass display with “high-resolution” (probably not higher than QVGA).
- Withstands 2 meter drops onto concrete
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- MP3 and video players
- Up to 18 hours of talk time
- Up to 800 hours of standby time
- Can work in temperatures ranging from -20 degrees C to +55 degrees C
- 3-Year comprehensive warranty
Sonim says the XP1300 Core will be available worldwide starting November. In the US, the phone will cost $399 unlocked.
Via Press release (registration needed)