Just before the end of last month an update for T-Mobile’s Samsung Vibrant made its way to Samsung’s Kies desktop software and was then promptly pulled. T-Mobile advised against people updating to that, and subsequently told us that they’ll have more news about an over the air update for the Vibrant this week.
The update that was outed last week was JI5, and the one rolling out today is JI6, so there may be differences between them. T-Mobile haven’t officially stated what the update contains (yet?), but the one from last week did include that very important fix for the GPS issues people have been having.
Alongside the GPS fixes, the update probably brings loads of bugfixes. And, presumably, fixes whatever giant issue JI5 had that warranted it being pulled immediately after release (or perhaps it was an internal build released by accident to Kies?).
Roll-outs like these are generally done in stages, so, as always, don’t panic if you don’t see it today. Rest assured, it’s on its way and may fix those nasty GPS issues once and for all.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G OTA update is out. T-Mobile says you shouldn’t update the Vibrant via Kies
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G update pulled, T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant update info coming next week
- T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant GPS issue fixed, Sprint Samsung Epic 4G upload speed to be fixed tomorrow
- T-Mobile UK’s Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S delayed, coming next week
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize gets a bug fixing update