Three UK have some interesting BlackBerry-related news today.
First off, the BlackBerry Torch 9800, RIM’s flagship product, is now available from Three. It costs £249 with a £35/month plan that includes 2000 minutes to any network, 5000 minutes inside the Three network, 5000 texts and 1 GB of data.
A rather steep price point, at least compared to pricing of other smartphones in the UK (perhaps except the iPhone). It remains to be seen whether the Torch 9800 will see better sales in the UK with this price than it has in the US with the $199 price point it has on AT&T.
Three have also launched their Pay As You Go BlackBerry package today, with the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 being the first smartphone to be available on PAYG. The Curve 3G will cost £209.99 online (including a £10 top-up) and £219.99 from Three stores (including a £20 top-up). BlackBerry services will cost £5 for 30 days, and the Curve 3G can be used on Three’s All in One plan which gives you 3000 texts, 100 minutes and 500 MB of data for £10.
Other BlackBerry devices are expected to become available on Three PAYG later this quarter.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 is now available from Three UK
- BlackBerry Curve 9380 now up for pre-order with Orange UK contracts, free from £20.50 per month
- BlackBerry Curve 9360 now available in the UK, free from £20.50 per month, £329.95 SIM-free
- Pre-orders for SIM-free BlackBerry Curve 9360, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860 start in the UK
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 now available at Three UK, free from £28 per month, £319.99 on PAYG