Surprise: Verizon and Apple have announced that the iPad (currently available only on AT&T in the US) would be launched by Big Red on October 28.
Only the Wi-Fi version of the iPad will be sold through Verizon – that’s because Apple doesn’t make 3G iPads to support CDMA networks (yet).
Verizon will offer the iPad bundled with a MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot.
- iPad Wi-Fi 16GB + MiFi = $629.99
- iPad Wi-Fi 32GB + MiFi = $729.99
- iPad Wi-Fi 64GB + MiFi = $829.99
More on Verizon’s iPad here.
“We’re thrilled to be working with Verizon Wireless to get iPad into the hands of even more customers this holiday season,” declared Tim Cook, Apple’s COO.
Ok, now that the Verizon iPad is official, how about making the Verizon iPhone official, too? What do you say, dear Apple?
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple reports Q3 2012 results. iPhone sales up, iPad sales down
- Apple iPad available in the US on April 3, pre-orders start this month
- Apple will unveil the iPad Mini in October, and not alongside the new iPhone in September
- Apple sold 16 million iPhones, 7 million iPads last quarter. Steve Jobs: the Verizon iPhone is “exciting”
- EVDO iPhone coming to Verizon in 2009?