Back in September, Nokia hired Palm’s vice president of design, Peter Skillman, as its new VP of MeeGo UX and services.
One month later, meaning now, Palm is striking back at Nokia by hiring Ari Jaaksi, who recently resigned from his position as head of Nokia’s MeeGo branch.
All Things Digital has it that, starting November, Jaaksi will be Palm’s new senior VP of WebOS.
Quite an interesting change of execs between Nokia and Palm (which now belongs to HP), isn’t it?
Reportedly, an ex-Samsung head of R&D has also joined Palm recently: Victoria Coleman, who will “oversee platform and application development for next generation versions of webOS.”
Palm is getting ready to launch the new Pre 2, which should run WebOS 2. We don’t know when this will happen, but with the new folks in charge of its OS, it shouldn’t take long.
We’ll see if Palm manages to launch a WebOS 2 smartphone before Nokia intros a MeeGo one.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Palm WebOS 1.1 available – major update
- Palm makes the Mojo SDK available to everyone
- Nokia’s MeeGo head resigns. Will we see the N9 this year?
- Nokia invests in Palm to work on a dual boot MeeGo / WebOS smartphone? WebOS to merge with MeeGo in 2012
- Keyboardless Palm Centro 2 with webOS in the making?