Japan’s KDDI (which will launch the Samsung SMT-i9100 Froyo tablet next year) has announced three new Android smartphones.
One of them is the Toshiba Regza IS04 – which, as far as I’m aware, is the first Android handset to come with a 12 Megapixel photo camera.
The Regza IS04 is waterproof and it also features a 4 inch FWVGA (854x 480) display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 1GHz Snapdragon processor. The smartphone should be out in January 2011, apparently with Android 2.1 on-board (but Froyo may be included by then).
KDDI’s other two Android smartphones are the Sharp IS05 and the Pantech Sirius IS06. Both run Android 2.2 Froyo and should be out in Japan starting December.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba AT300 Android Honeycomb tablet launching in June (in Japan)
- The world’s first Windows Phone Mango handset: Fujitsu Toshiba IS12T
- Toshiba K01, K02 and L01 showcased in Japan
- Pantech Vega X – the first Android phone DDR2 memory?
- Pantech Sirius with Android 2.1 and Snapdragon processor announced; Verizon and AT&T might get it