Last month, when RIM announced the BlackBerry PlayBook, it didn’t unveil the tablet’s storage capacity. Well, it turns out that, just like Apple’s iPad, the PlayBook will come in three versions: 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB.
Jim Balsillie, RIM’s co-CEO, has confirmed this new detail while showcasing the PlayBook during GITEX in the Middle East. He has also confirmed that the tablet has a 5300 mAh battery – which should be enough even for heavy users.
Of course, we won’t get to see the PlayBook hitting the shelves until early 2011, but at least we know what to expect from it.
Here’s Jim Balsillie presenting the BlackBerry tablet at GITEX:
RIM has still not announced the price of the PlayBook. I hope the 16GB version won’t cost more than $500.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 to come in February 2012
- BlackBerry PlayBook may be released on or before April 15 in Canada
- BlackBerry PlayBook battery life: is it 8 hours, or 10 hours?
- RIM PlayBook pricing leaks, starts at $399
- BlackBerry 10 tablet coming this year, software update for the PlayBook in the works too