A customer in New Zealand (where it’s the morning of October 21 right now) was the first in the world to buy a Windows Phone 7 handset.
The handset is the HTC 7 Trophy, sold in a Vodafone New Zealand shop just a few hours ago.
Vodafone NZ sells the Trophy for 799 NZD ($602) “with On Account plan”, or 899 NZD ($677) on prepay. Customers can buy the smartpohne online here.
(photo via Twitter)
The next country where WP7 devices will be on sale is Australia, where Telstra should start offering the HTC 7 Mozart in a few hours.
Of course, tomorrow morning several European carriers will also have Windows Phone 7 devices on sale.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone 7: HTC 7 Trophy, HTC 7 Mozart and HTC 7 Pro (for Sprint) announced
- Windows Phone 7 in Australia: HTC 7 Mozart, HTC 7 Trophy, Samsung Omnia 7, LG Optimus 7 and Optimus 7Q
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7 debuts in Europe on October 21, in time for the holidays in the US
- Verizon’s first Windows Phone 7 device might be the HTC Trophy
- Details on New Zealand iPhone Launch emerge