The BlackBerry Torch 9800 has been officially launched in Australia today by Optus. As of now, it’s only available for small and medium business customers, and it’s free on a $79/month 2-year contract. There’s no information yet as to when the Torch will be available for other customers.
The BlackBerry Torch 9800 has been available for a while in the US (where sales apparently haven’t gone as well as expected), the UK and Canada, and it looks like it’s slowly beginning to reach other markets. Other countries will be getting it soon for sure.
The Torch 9800 features a 3.2″ HVGA capacitive touchscreen, optical trackpad, 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash, a vertically sliding physical QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi, GPS, HSPA, and runs the brand new BlackBerry OS 6.
Head here to order it from Optus.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Torch 9810 now up for pre-order, shipping November 9
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 available in India starting tomorrow?
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 and 9860 now available in the UK
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 shows up in AT&T stores
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 revealed on AT&T’s website