Both HTC’s and RIM’s flagship smartphones have become available in the UK SIM-free.
The HTC Desire HD is certainly the most anticipated Android-powered device of the month, and, after some delays, it has finally landed online at retailer Devicewire and it can be yours for a cool £515 (VAT included). Given the expected levels of demand for this model, if you’re anxious to get it, you should probably not be wasting any time in doing so.
Also available starting today in the UK SIM-free is the BlackBerry Torch 9800. This can be had at Expansys for £500 (again, VAT is included). At the time of writing this post, they still had 26 in stock.
So there you have it, good news for those who’d rather not be tied to a carrier contract for 18 or 24 months and like their shiny devices unlocked, sans operator branding, and SIM-free.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 and 9860 now available in the UK
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 is now available from Three UK
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 revealed on AT&T’s website
- Dell Venue Pro is finally in stock in the UK
- Pre-orders for SIM-free BlackBerry Curve 9360, Torch 9810, and Torch 9860 start in the UK