So we’ve heard that the Motorola Droid Pro might be launched by Verizon on November 11, at the same time with four other smartphones: Droid 2 Global Edition, Motorola Citrus, HTC Merge and Palm Pre 2.
But will the Droid Pro have the same price as the Droid 2 and Droid X, i.e. $199 on contract?
Well, Droid-life has found out that the new smartphone appeared for a brief period of time at Verizon’s website. As you can see in the image below, the prices listed were $299 with a 2-yr agreement, and $499 without.
However, there’s no mention of any rebate on the Droid Pro’s page we’re seeing here. And, since Verizon offers all Android smartphones with rebates, most likely there will be a $100 rebate attached to the price of the new Droid, too. So its final price (on contract) should not be $299, but $199.
Let’s hope Verizon will provide some official info on this soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Bionic to cost $587 off contract, Verizon may launch it next week
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 officially announced: available tomorrow with Android 2.2 on-board
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 to cost $199 on contract, $599 off (at Best Buy)
- Motorola Droid 4 page goes live on DroidDoes.com
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr Maxx available now. Droid 4 to cost $199?