Initially appeared as HTC Knight, the new device may be called HTC Speedy when launched.
Boy Genius Report has it that Sprint will release the Knight / Speedy on January 6 next year – thus during CES 2011.
There’s no word on the Android version the new smartphone will be shipped with. However, since Google should launch Gingerbread any day now, it would make perfect sense for Sprint to offer the Speedy with this new version of Android on-board, and not with Froyo. More info as we get it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint’s HTC Evo Shift 4G to cost $149 on contract starting January 9
- Sprint’s HTC Knight to be called Evo Shift 4G?
- HTC Smart2 render apparently shows up. HTC Speedy (with Froyo) to join the Epic 4G on Sprint?
- Sprint’s HTC Knight / Evo Shift 4G appears again
- T-Mobile confirms some G2 features: 800MHz Scorpion processor, Android 2.2