Research In Motion has finally decided to announce the BlackBerry Bold 9780.
The 9780 is the first Bold smartphone to run BlackBerry OS 6 – but we already knew that, since the handset has been confirmed, re-confirmed, and even presented on some carriers’ official websites in the last few weeks.
The 9780 is not too different from the Bold 9700. The novelties (apart from the new OS) include 512MB of RAM, a 5MP camera, and Wi-Fi calling (carrier dependent, of course).
“This new model builds on the highly refined mobile experience that BlackBerry Bold users already know and love and delivers a wide range of enhancements including a rich new user interface, a fast and powerful WebKit-based browser, broadly improved communications and multimedia capabilities, an incredibly useful Universal Search feature” declared Carlo Chiarello, Vice President, Product Management at RIM.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Pearl 3G will get OS 6
- New BlackBerry Bold 9780 with OS 6 caught on video
- UIQ platform gets full touch controllable browsing with Digia @Web
- RIM’s BlackBerry 6 OS previewed on video
- RIM buys Iris browser developer Torch Mobile