We all know that Apple will not launch the white version of iPhone 4 this year (and maybe it won’t launch it at all, ever).
Nokia knows it, too. And since the Finnish company and Apple aren’t exactly best friends, this is a good occasion for Nokia to indirectly mock Apple.
Nokia India says, via its official Twitter account, that you don’t have to “wait till 2011 for a white phone”, because “you can get the Nokia N8 in five brilliant colors.”
I wouldn’t call all the N8’s colors brilliant, but that’s another story. The idea is that the N8 – the “best entertainment phone”, according to Anssi Vanjoki – is available right now in silver white, dark grey, orange, blue and green.
I’m not sure how many of those who want a white iPhone 4 would go for a white N8 instead (after all, the two smartphones are really different), but we can’t blame Nokia for trying to sell its stuff, right?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia N8 could get a sixth color soon (maybe red)
- Nokia’s head of Mobile Solutions (Anssi Vanjoki) resigns
- UK: green Nokia N8 to be available exclusively on Vodafone at launch
- Nokia N8 is “the best entertainment phone”, says Anssi Vanjoki
- Nokia N8 price and shipping date confirmed for the UK (coming in late September)