Verizon Motorola Droid 2 gets a software update
A software update has become available for the Motorola Droid 2 for Verizon. This isn’t a new major release of the operating system, but is an update that brings many useful enhancements and bug fixes.
This will get your Droid 2 up to version 2.3.20. The phone should prompt you that there’s an update available, but in case it doesn’t you can always go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates and check manually.
Here’s the full list of improvements in this update:
- Improved battery life
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.
Or in image form:
More information is available here from Verizon.