The Acer Liquid Metal has been leaked a few times before, and now it’s finally official. Acer unveiled it today, and it’s certainly a worthy member of Acer’s Liquid series of Android-powered smartphones.
It will be available in the UK starting mid-November (in brown) and early December (grey) for a recommended retail price of £299. That’s quite an interesting offer considering the device’s specs – especially if one or more operators decide to subsidize it at some point.
The main features of the Acer Liquid Metal are:
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- Acer’s Breeze UI overlay with SocialJogger app that integrates Facebook and Twitter
- 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7230 processor (same as in the T-Mobile G2 and HTC Desire Z)
- 3.6-inch capacitive touchscreen
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11n
- DLNA/UPnP support
- Dolby Surround technology
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- stainless steel battery cover, chrome trims
- LED notification light above the display
All in all, a very interesting midrange Android device. Not one to turn any tech-addict’s head for sure, but one that may prove to be a success with average users.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Liquid Metal Android Froyo smartphone coming soon?
- Acer Liquid A1 gets Android 2.1
- Acer Android tablet leaked alongside the Liquid Metal and another new smartphone?
- Acer Liquid Metal might be launched by AT&T and T-Mobile
- Acer Liquid Metal confirmed, will run Froyo and launch in the UK by the end of October