T-Mobile is prepping for a big launch of a few midrange and low-end Android devices on Wednesday, November 3. The devices in question will be the LG Optimus T, T-Mobile Comet and Motorola Defy. We’ve already known these will be reasonably priced, but the news just keeps getting better – for those interested in two of them at least.
A leaked Walmart leaflet shows that the retailer is getting ready to sell the LG Optimus T for 97 cents and the Motorola Defy for $48.88. If you thought the Optimus T was a steal at $29.99 (the amount T-Mobile will be asking for it), or the Defy at $99.99, Walmart’s pricing is sure to make you even happier.
Of course, as is always the case, a new 2-year service agreement is required, as is a $10 or $30 data plan, but hey…. 97 cents is 97 cents. And that’s for a very decently specced newly-released Android smartphone.
If you’d rather have them sans contract, Walmart will give you the Optimus T for $300 and the Defy for $500.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G will cost $148.88 at Walmart
- LG Optimus T will be available from T-Mobile starting November 3 for $30
- Motorola Defy coming to India on January 24?
- Motorola Defy+ will be available in the UK in September
- Rugged Motorola Defy with Android 2.1 coming to Europe