We knew that Telus was going to bring two Windows Phone 7 handsets to Canada, but we didn’t know when exactly.
Well, the carrier has just announced it would sell the the HTC 7 Surround and the LG Optimus 7 starting November 8 (the same date when AT&T and T-Mobile will launch their first WP7 devices in the US).
Both the HTC Surround and the LG Optimus 7 will be sold by Telus for 99.99 with a 3-yr contract, featuring 3.8 inch WVGA displays, HSPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP autofocus cameras, HD video recording, 16GB of on-board memory, and 1GHz processors. The HTC Surround also has a slide-out speaker with Dolby Mobile virtual surround sound.
The other two major Canadian carriers, Rogers and Bell, will also introduce Windows Phone 7 handsets soon: the Samsung Focus and the LG Quantum, respectively.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone 7: AT&T’s HTC Surround, Samsung Focus and LG Quantum detailed
- Rogers and Bell getting Windows Phone 7, too: Samsung Focus and LG Quantum (Optimus 7Q)
- HTC HD7 to bring more Windows Phone 7 goodness to Bell Canada
- Three AT&T Windows Phone 7 devices free at NewEgg, LG Optimus 7 now only $49.99 from Telus
- LG Quantum Windows Phone 7 device now available from AT&T