Back when Sony Ericsson first announced the LiveView gadget/accessory/watch, they left out pricing information and a shipping estimate. The latter because its release was dependent on Sony Ericsson’s Android-powered smartphones finally being updated to Android 2.1 Eclair – because the LiveView only works with phones on Android 2 or newer, and it would have been silly for it not to work with any Sony Ericsson device when it was going to be released. Pricing information has leaked in the mean time and was supposedly going to be 69 euros (recommended retail price at least).
Now that the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 line has started receiving the update to Android 2.1, the LiveView is ready to ship. And it will do so in the UK on November 19, according to online retailer Play.com. They state that the recommended price they’ve received is £59.99, but they will be selling it for £49.99 with free delivery.
Because it still hasn’t gotten an update to Android 2.1, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 will not be able to work with the LiveView at first.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson LiveView will cost €69 and launch in November
- Sony Ericsson LiveView “micro display” Android accessory announced (video)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc pre-orders have started in India, availability expected in April
- Confirmed: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will not get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- Sony Ericsson intros Xperia X10 Experience Packs: XP110, XP120 and XP130