AT&T and Samsung will launch a new touchscreen feature phone soon: the Solstice II a817.
Like the Samsung Solstice a887 (introduced more than a year ago), the new handset has a 3 inch WQVGA touchscreen display and uses Samsung’s Touch Wiz UI. It also features HSDPA, A-GPS, Vlingo Speech-to-Text functionality, Video Share, Mobi TV, Mobi VJ, Bluetooth 2.1, 2MP camera, 256MB on-board memory, and MicroSD card support.
AT&T touts the Solstice II as a quick messaging device, because it comes with threaded text messaging, AT&T Social Net, and “multiple messaging options (SMS, MMS, Video Messaging and Instant Messaging)”. The handset doesn’t have a QWERTY keyboard, though.
The new Solstice II will cost only $29.99 on contract. It will be available on November 7, the same day with the red and white BlackBerry Torch.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T intros Samsung Strive, Samsung Sunburst, Pantech Link, Pantech Pursuit, new services
- Samsung A887 Solstice hitting AT&T on August 2?
- Samsung Instinct S30 and Samsung Mondi fully unveiled
- Motorola Hint QA30 now official, a true social messaging phone
- #CTIA09: Samsung Mondi WiMax Video and Pics