JCB, a UK-based maker of rugged phones, has announced four new handsets: JCB Tradesman, JCB Toughphone Sitemaster, JCB Toughphone Pro, and JCB Toughphone Pro-Talk.
The most interesting of them is the JCB Tradesman, which has received the “world’s first floating phone” title from the Guinness Book of Records.
The Tradesman is IP67 certified (waterproof and dustproof) and features a 1.44 inch CSTN color display, tri-band GSM connectivity (900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz), Bluetooth 2.0, FM radio, MicroUSB, and built-in torch. JCB presents it as being “ideal for everyone from white van man to seafarers, plumbers to kids.”
(live photos via Pocket-lint)
The JCB Tradesman costs £74.99 (€85 or $122). The other three new rugged phones are more expensive: £114.99 (Toughphone Sitemaster), £244.99 (Toughphone Pro), £254.99 (Toughphone Pro-Talk).
You can check out any of the new JCB phones online here. They will be available for purchase starting mid-November (not sure if customers based outside the UK will be able to get them).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Surround and Samsung Focus will both hit AT&T on November 8. White and red BlackBerry Torch coming a day earlier
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Torch 9810 now up for pre-order, shipping November 9
- White BlackBerry Torch coming soon to Vodafone UK
- White BlackBerry Torch available at Rogers. Telus’ LG Optimus One to cost $200 off contract
- Samsung Guru 2120, 2130 and 1160 launched in India