Sprint’s first LG Android smartphone, the Optimus S, should have been launched on October 30. That didn’t happen, of course, so now you may wonder when is the handset going to be available.
Well, Sprint has just announced that the Optimus S would go on sale starting this Sunday (November 7).
Just like T-Mobile’s LG Optimus T (available as of yesterday), the Optimus S runs Android 2.2 Froyo and features a 3.2-inch HVGA display, Wi-Fi and a 3.2MP camera. The handset is “the only Sprint ID phone to launch with Android 2.2 offering users hotspot functionality.”
Sprint will sell the Otimus S for $49.99 with a new 2-yr contract agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint intros Android-based Samsung Transform, LG Optimus S and Sanyo Zio
- LG Optimus U with Android Froyo arriving at U.S. Cellular next week
- Sprint launches Samsung M330, camera-less BlackBerry Tour 9630
- LG Optimus 3G launched by Telus in Canada: CDMA flavored Android
- T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 launching on October 31 for $80 on contract