Today’s bit comes from TechCrunch, who seem to be sure that this phone will exist, and will be made by Samsung. No one is very serious about it being called Nexus Two anymore, which is probably for the best. It does however seem entirely possible that Samsung are working on a ‘Google experience’ phone, as in a phone with Android Gingerbread as Google intended it, sans TouchWiz nonsense or any other ‘OEM customizations’.
There’s a problem though. Apparently the phone, which was originally supposed to be launched on November 11 (but not on November 8 as previously rumored), has had a serious hardware issue all along that has only been discovered late in the testing stage. And the smartphone is now delayed until that issue is fixed.
So it looks like we’re going to have to take a few more weeks of rumors before we find out how real all of this is.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Nexus Prime may be released on November 3
- Seidio says that “ultimate accessories” for Google’s Nexus One are coming soon
- Upcoming LG Nexus smartphone has its specs purportedly leaked
- Google Nexus Two isn’t made by Samsung after all?
- Google Nexus Two to be made by Samsung, announced on November 8?