HTC is reportedly hiring people in order to get ready for a possible launch of its own online store.
According to Financial Times, sources close to HTC have mentioned that the online store would contain mobile applications and e-books.
It’s said that the team working to develop the HTC app store will initially include a small number of employees, but it may reach about 100 people in the future.
HTC is already famous for developing the custom Sense UI (integrated into its Android and Windows Mobile smartphones), so making an app store, too, shouldn’t be such a big deal for the Taiwanese company.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC interested in making its own mobile OS
- Acer (too) to launch Brew phones in 2010?
- #MWC10: HTC Smart coming to O2 UK, Ireland and Germany in April
- HTC promises Windows Phone 7 from “day one”
- Nokia’s woes continue as it prepares to close UK online store