There’s a new iPad rumor floating around and claiming that Apple has shot some ads for the iPad 2 somewhere in New York, with British photographer David Sims.
The rumor comes from 9to5mac, which, unfortunately, hasn’t managed to get too many details.
Interestingly, it’s said that no new iPads were used during filming. Apple simply used the current iPad model (pictured below), and it will replace it with the iPad 2 while post-producing the ads. That does make sense, as Apple certainly doesn’t want outsiders to see a product that won’t be announced until next year.
It’s not the first time we’re hearing about the next-generation iPad – we’ve previously heard that it would feature the same 9.7 inch display as the current model. This would allow Apple to easily replace the old iPad with the new one in the commercials that were supposedly shot last month, right? Right. Now let’s wait for more info to show up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More Apple Rumors: 6-inch iPad This Fall?
- iPad 2 to be followed by iPad 3 later this year?
- Apple iPad 5 production to start in July or August
- Apple’s next iPhone will arrive in fall 2012 with a completely new design, rumor says
- Apple’s next generation iPad to be called iPad 2S, not iPad 3?