One of the more interesting devices that Verizon will launch soon has to be the Motorola Droid 2 Global. Sure, it looks like a plain old Droid 2, but that 1.2 GHz processor sounds pretty sweet. As does this smartphone’s ability to pick up a signal pretty much globally – a feat that Verizon customers aren’t that used to, thanks to the carrier’s CDMA network technology. But, times are changing and the Droid 2 Global is coming.
Previous information had its release date slated for November 11, however today’s leak indicates that phones will only arrive in Verizon stores on November 29. Quite the delay, but only in part.
See, it looks like you’ll be able to order a Droid 2 Global starting tomorrow, via “Direct Fulfillment” – you’ll have to go to a store and ask a representative to order it for you. Still, that effort may pay off in you receiving your device way before the phones become available to touch and play with in stores.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global may launch on November 11 in blue
- Verizon Motorola Droid 3 will be priced at $199 with new two-year contract, $459 without
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro will launch on November 18, presale starts on November 9
- Verizon Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, AT&T Atrix 2 4G, Sprint EVO 3D and more – now $0.01 on Amazon
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global price drops to $149.99 possibly making way for the Droid 3