Motorola has announced the launch of the Droid X in Mexico, where it will be called Motoroi X – which makes sense, since the original Motorola Droid (Milestone) is known as Motoroi there.
The Motoroi X will be the country’s first smartphone to come with Android 2.2 Froyo.
Its features obviously don’t differ from the ones of Verizon’s Droid X: 4.3 inch WVGA touchscreen display, MotoBlur, Wi-Fi, GPS, HDMI, 8MP autofocus camera, HD video recording, and so on.
The Motoroi X should be available in Mexico sometime later this month via Iusacell, the country’s third largest mobile carrier (and the only one to have a CDMA/GSM network). The handset’s price has not been announced.
Via Press release (in Spanish)
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola MOTOROI to hit the US and other countries this spring?
- Motorola Razr HD becomes Mexico’s first 4G smartphone thanks to Telcel
- Motorola’s MOTOROI (XT720) with Android gets official in Korea
- Motorola Milestone XT720 (Motoroi) announced in Europe (video)
- Upgraded Motorola Motoroi coming to the UK with Android 2.1