It’s been three weeks now since Google let the world know about the imminent release of Android Gingerbread – and yet the big G has still not announced an exact launch date for the new version of its OS.
However, less than 24 hours ago, Google tweeted that “our cafes are baking something sweet”, showing off lots of fully baked and likely tasty gingerbread Android men (see the photo below).
Yes, Google’s teasing us again, so I’d say there’s a very good chance Gingerbread will be finally released next week.
The world’s first Gingerbread smartphone will probably be the Samsung-made Google Nexus S, which might also be announced next week. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google moves Nexus Prime launch to October 19. Says it activated 55 million Android devices in Q3
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread unveiled in official Google video
- Samsung’s Google Nexus Prime likely headed to Canada
- Android Gingerbread release date: November 11?
- Samsung Nexus Two to have a 4 inch AMOLED screen, front-facing camera