Dell has announced that the update to Android 2.2 Froyo for its Streak tablet/smartphone has started rolling out for owners of unlocked devices. The update is over-the-air, meaning that if you have an unlocked Streak, it should notify you to download and install it. If you’re impatient, you can also manually check by going to Settings > About Device and selecting System Updates from there. Be advised though that, as with any staggered roll-out, it may take several weeks before your Streak gets the Froyo love.
Carrier-specific versions of the Streak will start receiving the update in December, but when yours will is something that’s more up to your carrier than Dell. So customers of those carriers that move fast in approving the firmware will certainly get the update sooner than others.
Go here for the full details on the upgrade procedure and tips for backing up your data, straight from Dell.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T and Rogers Dell Streak 5 finally get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- Dell Streak available tomorrow at O2 UK, coming to the US in July
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update pushed to January
- Dell Streak price drops to $399.99 at Dell, but you’ll only get it on January 10