Expected to be officially announced on January 6, the rumored HTC Knight / Speedy may be launched by Sprint as a successor to the Evo 4G.
According to Engadget, the upcoming smartphone could be called HTC Evo Shift 4G (HTC has already filed for this trademark).
The Evo Shift 4G should feature a 3.7 inch WVGA display, sliding QWERTY keyboard and, probably, Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Another rumor has it that Sprint may have wished to launch a Samsung smartphone that features a curved display – like the Nexus S (you may have noticed in these photos that the new Nexus is slightly curved). The problem is that Samsung was “unable to deliver the product in the volume” Sprint was asking for. This likely means the Nexus S will be the first smartphone to come with a curved display.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G now available, Amazon has it for only $119.99
- Samsung Nexus Two to have a 4 inch AMOLED screen, front-facing camera
- Google Nexus S for AT&T launching on July 24 via Best Buy
- HTC Evo Shift 4G now official, Sprint will sell it starting January 9
- Sprint’s HTC Evo Shift 4G pops up at Walmart