Sprint’s LG Optimus S receives a maintenance update that brings Swype along
A firmware update for the LG Optimus S, Sprint’s version of the LG Optimus One, is slowly starting to get pushed to Optimus S owners. This is an update focused mostly on fixing bugs and bringing performance improvements to the phone, and it takes the software to version LS670ZV9.
The only key addition in this update is that it comes with Swype pre-installed. The alternative Android keyboard sure is getting a lot of love from handset manufacturers lately.
The other things that this update brings are:
- Remote Wipe Command
- Enhanced password policies: length, alphanumeric, expiration, history, max failed attempts, inactivity lock, password recovery to the device.
- Set Out of Office messages from the device
- Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from the device
- Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
- Delete Exchange Calendar meeting requests and notify participants from the device
- Modifying an Exchange Calendar meeting request (change date/time, add/remove participats) and notify participants about the meeting modifications
The update is of the over-the-air variety, so you don’t have to do anything special to get it – just download and install it once your phone prompts you that it’s available.