Available in more than 190 countries across the globe, Nokia’s Ovi Store is constantly growing in popularity.
The Finnish company has just announced that its application store is now serving 3 million downloads each day. That’s still not comparable with the 10 million daily downloads served by Apple’s App Store, but it’s an important milestone nevertheless.
More than 165 million people are now Ovi users, and Nokia says 250,000 new users are registering every day.
(Ovi Store on the new Nokia C7)
Nokia has also announced that more than 1.5 million developers have downloaded the Qt SDK – which allows them to develop content and apps for the latest Symbian smartphones, including the N8, C7, C6-01 and E7.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Angry Birds Rio: 10 million downloads in 10 days (iOS, Android)
- Nokia Ovi Store now serves 5 million downloads daily
- Nokia’s Ovi Store reaches 2.3 million downloads per day, 70 developers have 1 million plus downloads
- Angry Birds for Android passes 2 million downloads, crashes GetJar servers
- Angry Birds Rio for Android will debut via Amazon Appstore