Although Verizon’s ready to switch on its LTE / 4G network before the year’s end, the carrier’s first LTE phones will only be available next year.
According to The Wall Street Journal, which recently interviewed Ivan Seidenberg (Verizon’s CEO), the very first Verizon LTE phone should be launched sometime in February 2011.
Before that, the carrier plans to showcase some of its LTE devices at CES in January.
We’ve recently heard that the HTC Merge and the HTC Incredible HD would be among Verizon’s first LTE smartphones, so either of the two may be out in February.
Of course, Verzizon could also surprise everyone and launch a handset made by other company (Samsung and Motorola come to mind).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Merge to be Verizon’s first LTE handset, Incredible HD coming in early 2011?
- HTC Merge appears on Verizon’s website
- HTC Merge could be launched by Verizon soon
- HTC Rezound, Amaze 4G, Sensation and others confirmed to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- T-Mobile early-2009 roadmap leaked – BlackBerry Curve 8900 and Samsung Memoir on the list