The software update to Android 2.2 Froyo for the Acer Liquid E smartphone is now available in Canada for customers of Rogers and Fido. The phone launched with Android 2.1 on board and after the update will run the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system that is available at this time.
The update is not over-the-air, meaning that you will need a computer to perform it. You’ll have to manually download it from Acer and install it. Very detailed instructions are included in the Zip archive that you will be downloading from Acer, so even novices should be able to pull this off without issue, provided that they follow the instructions closely. Also, as is always the case when updating, backing up your data is highly recommended.
To proceed, go to Acer Canada and grab your firmware from the Update Center.
It’s really good to see manufacturers upgrade more and more of their devices to the latest version of Android. Let’s hope they’ll do the same when the next version comes along.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update now available
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 receives a minor software update
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.1 update has reached Canada
- T-Mobile’s Springboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus get their ICS fix today and tomorrow