LG has a brand new Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone that wasn’t properly announced: it’s the LG LU3000, a handset made for the South Korean market.
The smartphone can be considered a higher-end Optimus Chic E720. It features a 3.8 inch IPS display with 800 x 480 pixels, HDMI out, 5MP camera with flash, full HD (1080p) video recording, and a TI OMAP 3630 processor clocked at 1GHz.
What’s interesting about the LG LU3000 is that it seems faster than both the Samsung Galaxy S and the iPhone 4 (which also have 1GHz processors).
See the LU3000 in the videos below, loading the YouTube app and some webpages quicker than Samsung’s and Apple’s handsets:
LG may want to launch the LU3000 in Europe and North America, too. If this happens, the smartphone will surely be given a new name, possibly one that includes the word Optimus.
Via Akihabara News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- YouTube’s mobile site gets a big HTML5 revamp
- Verizon to launch the Samsung Galaxy S3, 5 inch HTC phone, and multiple Motorola Droid Razrs this year?
- Can Apple’s iPhone 5 put Samsung’s Galaxy S III “to shame”? Foxconn chairman says yes
- Canada: LG Optimus LTE on its way to Telus too
- Samsung Galaxy S III vs iPhone 5 drop test. Apple wins