Although it still hasn’t been properly announced (with a press release and all), Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 Global has been available for a while now. This, in case you forgot, is the original Droid 2′s bigger brother, so to speak, which has an upgraded processor that runs at 1.2 GHz (the original Droid 2 ‘only’ had a 1 GHz processor) and global roaming capabilities – meaning Verizon’s customers that get it can freely roam across the globe with the Droid 2 Global in their pockets.
Verizon will sell you the Droid 2 Global for exactly the price you expected: $199.99 (after a $100 mail-in rebate) with a new 2-year contract. That’s not a bad price for what you get, but what if you could get your own Droid 2 Global for half as much?
Well, thanks to Wirefly, now you can. They have both the grey and the white Motorola Droid 2 Global for just $99.99 with a new 2-year contract. For add-a-line plans, the price is $129.99, while existing Verizon customers will need to pony up $149.99, but that’s still $50 cheaper than Verizon’s pricing, so overall this is a sweet deal no matter how you look at it. What’s more, there are no mail-in rebates involved here, nor taxes or shipping fees.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 now just $59.99 with contract
- Verizon Motorola Droid 3 now just $69.99 with new contract
- Verizon offers BOGO deal for all the Droid phones except the Motorola Droid Pro
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro free today at Wirefly
- Verizon makes the HTC Droid Incredible 2 $50 cheaper, but you can get it for free elsewhere