Nokia X2-01, the newest S40 phone to feature a full QWERTY keyboard, will probably be available in the US and Canada, too – apart from being launched in Europe and Asia (where almost all Nokia phones are usually launched).
The RM-717 has been already approved by the FCC – and since it’s a quad-band GSM/EDGE phone (no 3G), you don’t have to worry about network compatibility or anything like that.
Of course, the X2-01’s launch in North America is by no means confirmed. But seeing how Nokia introduced the C3 (another affordable S40 QWERTY phone) both in the US and Canada, the new X2 could be easily released there, too, right? And maybe T-Mobile will offer the X2-01 in the US, since AT&T is selling the C3.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia to sell CDMA phones to fewer carriers, Verizon and China Mobile included
- Another Sharp Android phone (SH8188U) coming to North America, Europe and Asia?
- Nokia E5 coming to North America, Australia?
- Huawei Vision U8850 with Android Gingerbread headed to North America, maybe via AT&T?
- Nokia and Qualcomm working on S60 smartphones for North America