At first, the Dell Streak Android tablet/smartphone was released running Android 1.6. Then, an update to Android 2.2 Froyo became available for unlocked Streaks. Not long after that, Dell started selling new Streaks with Android 2.2 preinstalled.
What has been missing from this picture? The Froyo update for Dell Streak devices sold by AT&T. Well, that’s not the case anymore, as this update has finally become available.
The update is done over-the-air, with no need for a computer to run it.
A new Dell Stage home screen app is present, and it functions the same in portrait and landscape, as opposed to the original Dell Stage which was landscape-only except for the dialer. Swype has also been added, but the original Dell Streak keyboard seems to have vanished as a consequence. The AT&T network indicator now shows “H” when you’re connected to HSPA – before it didn’t go any further than “3G”.
Via The Droid Guy
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- O2 UK will release the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Dell Streak this week
- Unlocked Dell Streak with Froyo launched in the US; new colors also available
- AT&T and Rogers Dell Streak 5 finally get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- T-Mobile Dell Streak 7 gets official, supports T-Mobile’s 4G
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update pushed to January