Well, today marks the introduction of a Samsung Android phone in a new form factor: clamshell. The new phone is the Samsung W899, officially announced in China, where it should be available via China Telecom soon.
The W899 features Android 2.2 Froyo, two 3.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen displays, Wi-Fi, WAPI, GPS, Bluetooth, 5MP photo camera, HD video recording, and a front-facing VGA camera for video calling.
No word yet if Samsung plans to launch similar Android smartphones in Europe or North America. I think it should do it, though.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung i909 (Galaxy S) GSM/CDMA Android smartphone shows up
- Another Sharp Android phone (SH8188U) coming to North America, Europe and Asia?
- Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and Galaxy Y Pro Duos officially announced
- Samsung Memoir officially announced by T-Mobile USA
- Samsung i6330 touchscreen phone leaked