ITProPortal claims to have spoken to someone at Sony Ericsson, who “confirmed” that the PSP phone would be launched in March. It’s said that, prior to the launch, Sony Ericsson will showcase the handset in Barcelona during MWC 2011 (February), as well as at CeBIT 2011 in Germany.
Reportedly, the Z1 “was referred to as the Playstation Phone rather than the PSP phone” – not that it matters too much what name it will get in the end.
The PSP phone will run the newly-announced Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, possibly featuring a 3.7 inch WVGA display, an ARM processor of at least 1GHz, 512MB RAM, and an 8GB microSD card.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- This can’t be a Sony Ericsson PSP Android phone prototype. Or can it?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia PlayStation phone previewed in China
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Anzu with Android Gingerbread to be launched in 2011
- Sony Ericsson PlayStation Phone to launch at MWC, ship in April
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to join the Xperia Arc and Xperia Play this year