The Huawei Ideos, a very highly-regarded entry-level Android smartphone that was announced back in September, has finally become available in the UK. It sure was a long time coming, but the Ideos is now in stock at well-known online retailer Expansys.
The Android 2.2 smartphone will set you back a cool £149.99 SIM-free. If you want, you can also choose from a variety of contracts on a variety of UK operators, which will make the upfront cost an even cooler £0, but, as usual, involves signing long-term agreements and such. To each his or her own. At least you have many choices.
The Huawei Ideos, in case you forgot, has a 528 MHz processor, a 2.8-inch 240×320 touchscreen, a 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera, HSDPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11n, GPS, and Bluetooth. It’s also got stock Froyo on board, and updates to future versions of the OS were promised back when the device was unveiled. It remains to be seen, however, if it will ever get a taste of Gingerbread.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ideos X5, X2 and Ideos Chat bring more Android to India
- UK: Huawei Ideos can now be yours for only £139.99 SIM-free
- T-Mobile Comet (Huawei Ideos) Android Froyo phone coming to the US on November 3?
- Huawei Ideos X6 and X5 – new Android Froyo smartphones
- Huawei Ideos X6 passes through the FCC on its way to T-Mobile