Last week it looked like the Android 2.2 update for AT&T’s Dell Streak was getting ready to be rolled out to eagerly awaiting customers, and we told you as much. In the mean time, however, it looks like the update has been delayed, what with people not actually receiving it and all.
Remember, the update for unlocked Dell Streak smartphones/tablets has been out (no, really) for almost a month now, we’re just talking about Streaks sold by and locked to AT&T. For some reason, they will only get updated next year – more specifically, the “week of January 12th”, as the image below points out.
That is a caption of an internal email, and it clearly states that the update won’t happen this year. Why? No one knows. AT&T haters will, however, have a field day with this.
Also, if you’re going to upgrade to Android 2.2 from Android 1.6 (what the Streak originally launched with), you’ll be able to download the over-the-air update either via Wi-Fi or 3G, whichever suits you more. But if you update from Android 2.1, the only option will be to download via Wi-Fi. Odd.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- O2 UK will release the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Dell Streak this week
- AT&T and Rogers Dell Streak 5 finally get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update has started rolling out
- Dell Streak: no T-Mobile USA support, ships with Android 1.6, will get Froyo this year
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available