For example, talking to Pocket-lint about the popular Galaxy S line, someone at Samsung UK said that, at the moment, it’s unsure whether or not the handsets will get the newest version of Google’s Android OS.
Unfortunately, there’s no word when exactly Gingerbread updates will be rolled-out for the Galaxy S. It may last longer than users would want – especially since some Galaxy S units are only now getting Android 2.2 Froyo.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3 Gingerbead update now available
- T-Mobile UK: Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S may arrive today
- HTC Incredible, Desire, EVO 4G and others made in 2010 will get Android 2.2 Froyo
- Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 Froyo update delayed until October in some countries?
- Froyo update for the Samsung Galaxy S finally starts rolling out in the UK