Best Buy has confirmed a rumor that was making the rounds yesterday, that it will offer the Apple iPhone 3GS for free today.
So, today only, Apple’s iPhone 3GS 8 GB will cost you a very cool $0, if you choose to get it from Best Buy. You’ll still need to sign a new 2-year contract with AT&T to take advantage of this offer.
The tweet through which Best Buy acknowledged the offer mentions that it only applies to “qualified customers”, but there’s no explanation as to what that actually means. Not in the tweet, not in the link inside it. So be advised that, for some reason or the other, this offer may not apply to you. Do check though, especially if you’re after a new iPhone – after all, it is quite rare to get any Apple product for free.
The iPhone 3GS normally goes for $99, so that’s exactly how much you’ll save by getting one from Best Buy till the end of the day.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 5 cheaper in the UK until Friday
- T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) now free on Amazon, $99 from T-Mobile (today only)
- Vodafone PAYG iPhone 4 to come with 12 months of free data
- Refurbished Apple iPhone 3GS now only $9 at AT&T
- Want an unlocked Apple iPhone 4S? Prices will start at $649